Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Happy New Year!

It's 2013 and like everyone else I have made a resolution.  On New Year's Day, I spent some time reorganizing and cleaning up my office/craft room.  I have LOTS of stamp sets and some of them, sad to say probably have never been "inked".  A friend of mine posted some old sets on a local on line garage sale site which made me think perhaps I should "purge" some of my stamp sets.   But before I do that I thought maybe I should get reacquainted with those sets.

So ..... I alphabetized my stamp sets (holiday sets not included) and made the resolution to use each one of the stamp sets.... starting with A. I will coordinate it with a sketch challenge, and the stash the cards in the box for Operation Write Home. Oh and this one qualifies for the Midweek Throwdown at Operation Write Home for spring flowers, okay... it's a flower maybe not really a spring flower!

Starting with my Stampin' Up sets

The A's are:

All the Best
Alphabet Soup
Around and About
A Little Love


First up is All the Best, a retired Stampin Up set.  I used sketch #153 for this from Operation Write Home.  It is hard to see, but "Thanks" is heat embossed. This will go into my box with other thank you notes that I have made.

 
 
 
Stay tuned for Alphabet Soup! 
 
Hope you had a wonderful holiday season! 
 
 


5 comments:

Jen M said...

What a great idea! I love the idea of trying out your older sets again... then you can truly decide if you still like them or want to purge. Brillant! Your card is lovely; I really like the rich hues!

Donna Nuce said...

What a great idea -- I can't wait to see the rest of your stamp collection!

Misty said...

Great idea, can't wait to see more. Have any hummingbirds you want to purge, please let me know!
Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

Donna Hanley said...

Very nice card for this challenge.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Nice job with your resolution to use your stamp sets! I love your card that came from it too =)

Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge!